Sunday, October 31, 2010

If Only

Clicked "older posts" on my FB wall over and over again. There were some inspired musings I wanted to revisit and I wanted to see how far back I can go before I encountered a technical problem. I was actually able to see my posts from a year ago. I am amazed at how much I wasted my time on useless pasttimes. My wall was littered with mafia wars postings. Then I deleted the posts and other unimportant comments.

I wished I could just as easily go back in time about a year ago and change the things I did. I see things differently now and I regret my foolishness. I imagined my life would have been very different right now and that I would be a happier person. That is impossible, of course, and the notion goes against my fundamental religious beliefs. Whatever happened was God’s will and can never happen any other way.

There is a lesson in this, though. A lesson worth repeating again and again: Don’t do things that you might need to undo later on. And as Miyamoto Mushashi said: Don’t spend your time on useless things.

No comments:

Post a Comment